4.06.2009

Weekend update

I know its a bit late, but it was a great weekend and I must share:

daisys

The garden is doing great. Nearly all the winter crops have been pulled out and replaced with tasty summer veggies. Unfortunately all my seedlings bit the dust, thanks to the flip-floppy weather we have been experiencing. I ended up cheating and paying a trip to my favorite local nursery, H & H. The place was packed, with tons of other people that were happly to see the beginnings of spring. I ended up going crazy and buying tons of summer veggies, and I actually managed to get most of them in the ground this weekend.

DSC_0035

I have 7 tomato plants in the ground so far, and I'm going to probably add another three. Included in the mix are Cherokee Purple, Better Boy, Roma, and Earl Girl. I planted a bunch of peppers too, including Anaheim, Serrano, Jalapeno, Red Bells and banana varieties.

DSC_0041

I also managed to get in a few squash plants, cucumbers, a tomatillo plant and some spinach seeds in the ground!

DSC_0030

Things were happening in the kitchen too...

IMG_7438



IMG_7434

IMG_7441


DSC_0013


DSC_0017

From the top, shrimp ceviche, steak tacos, breakfast chilaquiles and an egg muffin.

No comments: