4.26.2009

There and back again.

A lovely weekend so far, and it isn't over yet. I spent Friday and Saturday in Ramona, with a very dear, old friend. The views from her home were spectacular:

IMG_7697


IMG_7665

IMG_7681

IMG_7654

After relaxing around the house all evening and morning, we went into the "town" to take in the tourist attractions. Of course we hit up the antique shop, where I managed to score this killer ashtray, which I think will be my new spoon rest:

IMG_7716

This very cute little soap dish, which husband immediately placed in the bathroom:

IMG_7711

And this beautiful scallop pottery vase:

IMG_7717

Next stop was the tack and feed shops. I was hoping to find a reasonably-sized galvanized steel bucket that could be re purposed as a beer pail, but their feed troughs were enormous! Instead, I evaluated whether or not I could seriously keep chickens in my backyard:

IMG_7706

So cute! And they had baby turkeys too!

IMG_7705

Next we made our way over to an awesome nursery with some great deals. I picked up an avocado tree to replace the one that the puppy destroyed. Avocado tree 2.0 is twice as big, and the same price!! I would have picked up a Meyer lemon too, but they were currently sold out. I also managed to pick up some eggplant starters for only .99 cents!!! With my car loaded up, I headed back home to the city!! Thank you Sheryl for a fun weekend!

IMG_7655

1 comment:

Maddie said...

Sounds (and looks) like a perfect weekend! I am so jealous you can grow avocado trees. YUM-O!