1.31.2010

Hunting

I've been on a big thrifting bend lately, picking up a bunch of awesome kitchen stuff.

This lovely fondue set came mint in box, with the original ca.1960s wedding card still attached. Thank goodness for registries.

fondue

I found this trio of blue snowflake pyrex bowls at goodwill. The largest 4th bowl is missing, but I can forgive that, considering I paid next to nothing for these. Q: Can you ever have enough pyrex? A: Not really.

blue snowflake

Cathrineholm pots, to replace some of our boring old aluminum pots.

cathrineholm blue small

cathrineholm green

Yellow pyrex, actually not thrifted but a gift from a friend. I hear this is the bottom of a casserole dish, the pattern is called "desert dawn".

yellow speckled pyrex bowl

I don't think I'll ever stop loving old stuff. I'd take something vintage over something new every time (except for underwear or toothbrushes...).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the blue snowflake Pyrex-looks like it's in great condition!

Pants said...

Cute snowflake pattern!

I need to finish unpacking boxes so I will be allowed to start thrift shopping again.