2.20.2009

Rainy days are over

The recent rains have nourished my garden, bringing lots of growth to my winter crops. Unfortunately the much needed rains also fed the weeds, and so this weekend will be all about the weeding and fertilizing. I drowned a few of my pepper seedlings in the rain so it looks like I am going to be planting some more seeds this weekend too.

IMG_6894

IMG_6892

I picked some baby leaves of the rocky top lettuce blend.

IMG_6886


I also picked up a bunch of volunteer green onions growing in my garden's walk ways.

IMG_6891

And pulled up the pak choy, giving most of it to the food bank and leaving a few heads for friends and myself.

IMG_6867

The broccoli is looking great.

IMG_6874

And the carrots are doing well too. I accidentally picked one while I was weeding. Isn't it cute?

IMG_6634

I am also going to get some of my beds cleaned out and plant some spinach and mustard seeds, as well as some herbs. I have planned my spring garden on paper, and I think it is about time I begin planting some of it- because I cannot wait to have fresh tomatoes and peppers growing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am oh so impressed!

Maddie said...

Your garden looks beautiful! So jealous we have to wait months still, in freezing cold Utah, to even start planting.

My Funny Little Frog said...

Thanks!